Originally built in 1913, The American Building, which began its life as the 3-story University Park Building, reached its full 10-story height after a 1929 renovation/addition. Known thereafter as the Architect and Builders Building, 333 North Pennsylvania Street hosted a variety of construction industry professionals. Among the building’s most prominent tenants was the architectural firm Rubush & Hunter whose works include the Columbia Club, the Indiana (Repertory) Theater Building, The Circle Tower Building as well as the Architect and Builders Building itself.
The renovation of the American Building includes 79 market-rate apartments, common amenities (fitness center, laundry, business center,etc.), and 8,500 sq.ft. of first floor retail.
CLIENT: TWG DEVELOPMENT
PROJECT AREA: 106,500 SF
PROJECT BUDGET: $10M
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA